Not justanother today

Today I am thinking of the saying "If you think you can or you think you can't - you're correct..."

My mindset has been low of late.  I have been doing a lot of thinking I can't.  So how do I stop that negative thought process and make changes so I am not so shrouded in negativity?  

I'll come back to the truism recently passed along to me - there is a huge benefit to be reaped by changing the words "got to..." to the words "get to..."  It is all about appreciation.  Appreciating the gifts life has to offer - not seeing them as things put upon me that I have to do.  By living, I get the chance to do things and experience things that I would not be able to otherwise.  It is challenging to appreciate things when you are dead.  This morning instead of saying "I've got to take the dog fir a walk..." I can say "I get to take the dog fir a walk.." Aren't I lucky to have a dog as a part of my family?  Aren't I lucky to be able to go fir a stroll and get outside?  Aren't I lucky to live in a country not ravaged by war, a place where I can feel safe going fir a walk...I am going to try to remember this an appreciate my walks more.  

Comments