Just FIR clarification - PS

PS - I really need to add a post-script fir my first message & fir the title of this blog.  As you have no doubt surmised I use the word "fir" to represent the word "for" which is a purposeful choice, not a spelling error.  My spouse is continually urging me to make sure I correct such mistakes in my correspondence before sharing it.   One of the health strategies I have developed over my lifetime relates to trees.  This means going out to be in nature & be near a tree whenever possible.  It also means reminding me of the trees in my written communication.  The word "fir" reminds me of trees.  When I use fir to represent for (which actually occurs more frequently than one might suspect) I think of trees.  Whenever I think of trees I try to remind myself to be thankful to the trees who provide the life-giving oxygen that allows my breath.  For no matter how badly I am feeling, as long as I have the gift of my breath, I have the gift of life.   And it is a gift (regardless of how badly it may feel sometimes)... All for now, Sue 8)

PPS - When I first started using "fir" to replace "for" I used it as a replacement in all words that contained "for"..,. Words like "firgot" to replace "forgot" & "firever" to replace "forever" became a part of my strategy.  Albeit an honorable attempt to thank the trees, it did make fir some tricky communications. Many of my family members were relieved when I went back to simply using the word fir to replace the word for (fir which I still get a considerable amount of grief...)

PPSS - I almost neglected to include a mindful moment fir this post-script post.  Today, the mindful moment is to remember to every now & then say thanks to the trees.  That does not mean replacing for with fir, but it can be a mindful moment when you stop and give thanks fir your breath & being alive & giving thanks to the trees that made that breath possible...  


Comments

  1. Since this is my first official post after the introduction of the blog, I will once again respond to my own post. Who knows, maybe I'll make this an ongoing strategy to remember to thank myself first & truly be with my own truth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment