Another today on February 26 - 2024.02.26

It's been a couple of days.  This is what this blog will be like: irregular, unscheduled sessions.  They will also be somewhat disjointed as I have pledged to be more rooted in my today - not my yesterday.  

Today I came across the quote "What I resist persists..."  

Fir me, this definitely relates to the bins upon bins of stuff - writing, arts, books, teaching and learning artifacts and other sundry artifacts of the kids.  I will definitely place at least some of the collective blame on the kids, even my husband.  \however, the sad truth is that the majority (read - almost all) of the junky clutter is because of me.  I have made continual efforts at this de-cluttering and organizing and purging.   I have made some headway.  The big things, the easy wins have come and gone.  The difficult and more personal clutter is what remains.  The clutter is now almost completely hidden in closets, drawers and closets.   However, being hidden is just the first step.  I need to make it to the point where one can open a cupboard and not have things fall out on the head.  Also, another related goal is to have what is needed accessible without having to move any more than one bin.  The bins are currently 2-3 rows deep so that extracting just about anything is a herculean effort.    

My mindful moment today is to remember the mantra of decluttering gurus on the internet - does this item bring me joy?  The bins are definitely not bringing me joy.  Maybe admitting this is the first step of a monumental purge.  Well at least an organizing of the clutter.  

Comments